We are back to some of the more classic cocktails. The El Presidente Martini is a drink that has been around for a long time. There are several different drinks called an El Presidente, this is a simple martini version.
I started by chilling a couple of martini glasses.
I half filled a cocktail shaker with ice and added the rum, vermouth and bitters. I stirred until frost started to form on the shaker.
I strained the cocktail into the martini glass and added a maraschino cherry to the cocktail.
This is a delicious martini. The rum gives a nice smooth flavour with a touch of sweetness. I will be making these again.
El Presidente Martini
- 50 ml (2 ounces) amber rum
- 25 ml (1 ounce) dry vermouth
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Chill a martini glass.
- Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Put the rum, vermouth and bitters in the shaker.
- Stir until the shaker is very cold and frost is forming.
- Strain the cocktail into the martini glass.
- Add the cherry and serve.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Well I’d sure like to be around when you make these again. Looks like another winner David, Thanks
Thanks, Sam. We really enjoyed them.