Sorry for the late posting of this Cinqo de Mayo dish. I don’t know where time goes. I am retired but I just seem to be behind. You people who are still working don’t know how difficult it is. Regardless, I did find time to fire up the Louisiana Grills pellet smoker to make Cinqo de Mayo wings.
I started by tossing the wings in some oil and then tossed them with some taco seasoning.
I put the wings in my pellet smoker that I had preheated to 325 F.
While the wings were cooking, I mixed the glaze ingredients and heated them until the glaze thickened.
After the wings had cooked 25 minutes, I turned them and cooked for another 25 minutes.
I put the wings in pot and poured the glaze over them and tossed to coat.
We served the wings with a baked potato and carrot sticks.
These were very tasty but I found them just a touch salty from the soy sauce. She Who Must Be Obeyed said they were among the best wings I’ve done.
Some explanation is required. You’ll note I use very little salt in my recipes. Add to that the fact I don’t eat out a lot and I have become used to less salt. I often complain dishes are too salty when everyone else thinks they’re fine. It is me not the dish.
Other than that, I loved the flavour profile and will make these again.
The Old Fat Guy.
- 12 chicken wing segments
- 10 ml taco seasoning
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) lime juice
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) chili sauce
- 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) taco seasoning
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) molasses
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) cornstarch
- Preheat your smoker, oven or gas grill (indirect heat) to 325 F.
- Put the wings in a bowl. Add the oil and taco seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Put the wings in the smoker or grill, or in the oven on a rack over a tray.
- Cook the wings for 25 minutes.
- Mix glaze ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat the glaze over medium heat until thickened and glossy.
- After the wings have cooked for 25 minutes, turn and cook for 25 minutes.
- Put the wings in a bowl and toss with glaze.
There is no such a thing as “late” when you’re posting something this awesome 🙂 Thank you for sharing!
You are too kind!
Oh my gosh these look AMAZING! Dinner is too far off, can I have them for breakfast? Pinned!
Har! Wings, they’re not just for breakfast anymore.
Thanks for the kind words.