The Christmas entertaining season is here. I decided I needed a nice seasonal cocktail. The Aviation Santa Sighting is what I came up with.
I put martini glasses in the freezer. Then I put ice cubes in a cocktail mixer and added the Aviation gin, peppermint schnapps and Fireball cinnamon whiskey. I stirred until the mixer was frosted and strained the cocktail into the martini glass. I garnished it with a peppermint candy cane and maraschino cherries.
This is tasty and screams Christmas. The Aviation gin has a cleaner taste than other gins I have tried and took the peppermint/cinnamon flavour well. The small amount of the schnapps and Fireball let you taste the gin but gives that holiday taste without being too sweet. This my new Christmas cocktail.
The Old Fat Guy
- 75 ml (3 ounces) Aviation gin
- 25 ml (1/2 ounce) peppermint schnapps
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- candy cane
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Put the gin, scnapps, cinnamon whiskey and ice in a cocktail mixer.
- Stir until the mixer is very cold.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a candy cane and maraschino cherries.
Har! Of course not. I wouldn’t want him stopped for drunk flying!