As mentioned in my previous post, a friend brought me a bottle of Aviation Gin. I really like it to the point that I think is now my favourite gin.
The first cocktail we made with it is a classic gin cocktail, a Gimlet.
As we were using their gin, I went to the Aviation Gin website and used their recipe. It is a pretty standard Gimlet recipe.
I put some martini glasses in the freezer.
I put all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker 1/2 filled with ice. I shook hard until the shaker was frosty cold.
I strained the cocktail into the glass and served.
This is one of the best cocktails we’ve made. Simple, classy, tasty. I can’t wait to make it again.
The Old Fat Guy
Aviation Gin Gimlet
- 50 ml (2 ounces) Aviation Gin
- 25 ml (1 ounce) lime juice
- 15 ml (3/4 ounce) simple syrup (2 parts sugar, one part water heated to dissolve)
- Lime slice for garnish
- Put the gin, lime juice and syrup in a cocktail shaker 1/2 filled with ice.
- Shake hard until the shaker is frosted.
- Strain into chilled glasses.
- Garnish with lime slice
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes