We made Green Tomato Mincemeat so we had to make something with it. She Who Must Be Obeyed made Mincemeat Matrimonial Bars. She must love me!
I don’t have pictures of the making of these bars as I haven’t healed from the last time I took pictures of her cooking. However, the recipe is attached!
I love this bar. It has the wonderful seasonings of mincemeat in a nice cookie type bar. It is delicious without being too sweet.
The Old Fat Guy
- -- Filling --
- 3 cups mincemeat
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3/4 cup White sugar
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- -- Crust --
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup Butter or margarine
- Combine mincemeat, vanilla and white sugar. Cook until softened. Add cornstarch and continue cooking until thickened.
- Combine all crust ingredients together.
- Place 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9 inch square or 7 by 11 inch rectangular pan and press down lightly.
- Spread mincemeat mixture evenly over crust.
- Top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 30-35 minutes at 350° F.
- Cool before cutting.