Think back, way back. Do you remember those great recipes you made decades ago that just sort of faded away?
She Who Must Be Obeyed was going through her recipe box and found this recipe. We used to make it all the time in the seventies but then is just fell off the rotation. She dusted it off and we made it for the Easter dinner appetizer.
Creamy, fresh, tasty, make it!
The Old Fat Guy
- 1 can (398ml/14 oz) refried beans
- 300 ml/1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 ml/1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ml (1/4) teaspoon cumin
- dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 ripe avacados
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) onion, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) hot pepper flakes
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) green onions, sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pitted black olives
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) cheddar cheese
- Blend together beans, 50 ml (1/4 cup) of the sour cream, salt, cumin and hot pepper sauce.
- Spread this over a 30 cm (12 inch) platter.
- Peel and pit avacados
- Mash the avacados, chopped onions, 50 ml (1/4 cup) of the sour cream, lime juice and pepper flakes together.
- Spread the avacado mixture over the bean mixture layer.
- Top with remaining sour cream.
- Garnish with the green onions, black olives, tomatoes and cheese.