Sometimes you just need a meal in a hurry. There is no reason it can’t be tasty! She Who Must Be Obeyed had a couple of pieces of sockeye salmon fillet and we were busy. I made a simple glaze and grilled it. Home made fast food!
I started by putting butter, honey and Sriracha sauce in a microwave safe container. I covered it and microwaved until the butter was melted.
I preheated my grill and turned the burners down to medium low. I brushed the salmon with the glaze and cooked it for about 10 minutes, brushing every 2 or 3 minutes.
It took me less time to make this than to cook a frozen pizza. The sweet-spicy combination of the simple glaze was a great complement to the rich salmon flavour. A great fast meal in minutes!
The Old Fat Guy
- 2 salmon fillets
- 10 ml (2 tsp) butter
- 10 ml (2 tsp) honey
- 3 ml (3/4 tsp) Sriracha sauce
- Preheat your grill to medium low.
- Put the butter, honey and Sriracha in a microwave safe container and cover. Microwave until the butter is melted.
- Brush the salmon with the glaze.
- Put the salmon on the grill skin side down.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the salmon is opaque (an internal temperature of 140 F) brushing with the glaze ever 2 or 3 minutes.