Sometimes you just don’t have time for preparation, you just need a meal. Still you want something tasty. I took some boneless skinless chicken thighs, some Bull’s-Eye barbecue sauce and some crabapple jelly and cooked up a meal on my Louisiana Grills pellet smoker in no time.
I microwaved some crabapple jelly for a few seconds to get it liquid. I mixed in some Bull’s-Eye barbecue sauce.
I put the breasts on the smoker preheated to 450 F. I brushed them with the sauce. I closed the lid and cooked them for four to five minutes. I turned them, brushed with sauce and cooked for another 4 to 5 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature is higher than 165 F.
This is not a complex fancy dish. It is quick and it is tasty. The spiciness of the Bull’s Eye is offset nicely by the jelly. Try it sometime you’re in a hurry.
The Old Fat Guy
- 25 ml (2 tablespoons) apple or crabapple jelly
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) Bull's-Eye Barbecue Sauce
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat a barbecue or grill to 450 F.
- Microwave jelly for a few seconds until liquid.
- Mix in barbecue sauce.
- Spread thighs out and put on grill.
- Brush with sauce. Close cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn thighs and brush with sauce. Close cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Make sure the internal temperature is above 165 F and serve.