Would you like to embarrass a Fat Old Canadian? Is there a dish or recipe you would like to see made?
I have been challenged to take part in the #ALLINCHALLENGE. It is set up for celebrities to go all in to support charities in these tough times.
This is embarrassing on a couple of levels. First, I am no celebrity. I am a fat old Canadian who likes to cook.
Second, I am not rich. I am blessed to be financially secure, have a great wife, and to live a good life. I have enough money to support causes and will regularly support our local food bank and Medicines Sans Frontiers but not enough to be a major contributor to anything.
My first instinct was to ignore the challenge, but if I did not do what I could to help the many people who are suffering during these times, I would not feel good about myself. Even though my contribution will be small if we all contribute what we can it will make a great difference.
So, I have decided to ask all of you to help me make a difference. I give you the opportunity to ask the Old Fat Guy (me) to make a video cooking whatever you want. I will make a video with an interview with you of me making anything you suggest. If you want to see something crazy like smoked Jell-O, I will do my best to make it. Perhaps, you have always wanted to see a Canadian take his chances with a southern dish like grits or you just want a classic like Beef Bourguignonne. The only rule is, I have to be able to get the ingredients. Sorry, no alligator tongue stew.
Here is how it will work.
- Donate to your favourite charity. It does not matter how much or which charity. The only rule on the charity is no political parties. I want to help people.
- You send me your request by responding to this post on my blog, by twitter at @DiscoDavid9, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on facebook at @oldfatguyblog. Tell me what charity you donated to and a one to two paragraph reason others should donate to the charity. Ask me what you want me to cook in the video (remember, I have to be able to get the ingredients).
- I will post each message to my blog.
- After May 4, 2020, I will post a list of requests on my social media accounts and the blog asking people to vote for the cooking request they want to see.
- I will do two videos. One for the request that gets the most votes and one for the one I like best.
- I will ask the requestor to be interviewed in the video and to promote their charity.
Help the Old Fat Guy make a difference!
Chicken Angelo is my request.
Thanks! Can I ask which charity you donated to and why you support them?