I have posted my Gumbo Recipe previously. I did a video of the cook. I hope you like it!
Also, I didn’t put the recipe in a printable format so I do this now.
- 100 ml (3/8 cup) Flour
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) Chopped Onion
- 250 ml (1 cup) Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 stalk Celery, Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) Dried Thyme
- 0.5 ml (1/8 tsp) Cayenne
- 8 ml (1 1/2 tsp) Flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) Diced Tomatoes
- 500 ml (2 cups) Chicken Stock
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Soy Sauce
- 340 grams (3/4 lb) Chicken Thigh Meat
- 115 grams (1/4 lb) Andouille Sausage
- 215 grams (1/2 lb) Prawns
- 215 grams (1/2 lb) Scallops
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Put a pot with a heavy bottom over medium heat. add the 100 ml (3/8 cup) flour. Stir constantly until the flour is a light tan colour, about 2-5 minutes.
- Add the oil and mix.
- Cover the pot and put it on the lowest rack of your oven for 35 minutes.
- Add the onion, green pepper, and celery. Saute, stirring constantly, until the vegetables are just starting to soften.
- Add the thyme, garlic, cayenne, and 8 ml (1 1/2 tsp) flour. Saute just until the garlic and thyme become fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute or two to drive off excess liquid
- Slowly stir in chicken stock and soy sauce.
- Add chicken meat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Andouille and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add prawns and scallops. Bring back to a boil, reduce to simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot
The Old Fat Guy