You will note I have a lot of wing recipes on my site. I love wings. She Who Must Be Obeyed picked up a small package of wing segments and I had some Sweet Thai Chili Sauce made up in the fridge. Life is good.
You can use store bought sauce but I make my own and the recipe is at:
I decided to inject the wings with some Cajun Injector Garlic Creole Butter. You can skip this step but it does add a great flavour. I injected each wing segment and rubbed any liquid left onto the surface of the wing segments.
I preheated my Louisiana Grills Smoker to 350 F and put the wings on for 25 minutes. I turned them and smoked for another 25 minutes. You can also use a 350 F oven.
I put the wings in a large bowl, poured the Sweet Thai Chili Sauce over them and tossed them in the sauce to coat.
I love this sauce. It gives you a sticky wing with sweet/sour overtones and just a touch of heat. You can kick the heat up by adding more chili flakes. The recipe gives just a mild heat. Yes, these were great wings.
The Old Fat Guy
- 12 chicken wing segments
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) Cajun Injector Garlic Creole Butter (optional)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- If using the Creole Butter, inject it into each wing segment with a meat syringe injector.
- Toss the wings in any Creole butter left.
- Preheat an oven or smoker to 350 F.
- Cook the wings for 25 minutes.
- Turn and cook for 25 minutes more.
- Make sure the internal temperature is over 170 F.
- Toss the wings in the Sweet Thai Chili Sauce.