Pears with Raspberry Sauce
This tastes totally decadent, like something you’d eat in an expensive restaurant, yet it’s healthy & easy to make. It makes a wonderful breakfast, anytime snack or healthy dessert.
Serves: 2 to 4
2 ripe Bartlett pears (skin should just be starting to turn yellow)
Juice from 1/4 of an organic lemon (approx 2 tsp)
1/2 cup frozen whole red raspberries, thawed (takes about 1 hour) – plus 8 extra for serving
2 Medjool dates, pitted & chopped (see Tip# 1)
2 tsp pomegranate blueberry juice
1. Cut pears in half lengthwise, peel & core. Place them in a glass pie plate or small shallow baking dish & drizzle with lemon juice.
2. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when they’re soft & you see some liquid in the bottom of the plate.
3. Using a slotted spoon; remove pears to your serving dishes, reserving the liquid.
4. In a blender or bullet; add the 1/2 cup raspberries, dates, pomegranate/blueberry juice & all the liquid from the cooked pears. Blend until smooth.
5. Top pears with raspberry sauce. Garnish each pear half with 2 whole raspberries & serve immediately.
Tips & Suggestions
1. Medjool dates are larger than regular dates & have a magnificent creamy caramel taste to them. You can find them in the produce section of most larger supermarkets.