She Who Must Be Obeyed picked up a nice small wild Sockeye Salmon fillet. We were busy (it was suggested I was lazy but that is crazy). I was instructed she wanted it done on the smoker. Normally, that would involve brining and a long cold smoke. I decided to just give it a rub and smoke it at a low temperature.
This is easy defined. I mixed together the rub ingredients and spread them on the salmon.
I preheated my Louisiana Grills smoker to 190 F.
I smoked the salmon to an internal temperature of 145 F which took about 1 hour 20 minutes.
I did a video of this cook.
Despite being easy, this had a nice moist texture, a touch of sweet, a touch of ginger and a kiss of smoke! Delicious. She Who Must Be Obeyed liked it but did continue to suggest I was lazy.
The Old Fat Guy
- 500 grams (1 pound) salmon fillet
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) brown sugar
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) ground pepper
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) ginger
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) dry mustard
- Preheat your smoker to 190 F.
- Mix the rub ingredients together and rub into the surface of the salmon.
- Smoke to an internal temperature of 145 F, about 1 hour 20 minutes.