She Who Must Be Obeyed asked for some chicken wings yesterday afternoon. As she likes her wings crisp, I needed a quick way to supply that. I made Easy Crisp Wings on my Louisiana Grills pellet smoker.
I took six chicken wings and cut them at the joint. I saved the wing tips for future stock.
I tossed the wings in 15 ml (1 tablespoon) canola oil.
I put the wings on a platter and dusted both sides with a high sugar barbecue rub. I used Louisiana Grills Bourbon Molasses Rub.
I preheated my pellet smoker to 325 F. If you do not have a smoker, you can cook these on a gas grill using the indirect method (turn one burner on, one off and cook over the one that is off).
I put the wings on and cooked for 25 minutes. I turned them and cooked another 20 minutes.
Here are the cooked wings.
These were so good it is hard to believe how easy they are. The skin crisped nicely and the sweet rub caramelized onto the surface for a great sweet/salty/spicy taste.
The best part was that She Who Must Be Obeyed liked them. I hope that gets me points for today, Valentines Day.
The Old Fat Guy
- 6 chicken wings
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) canola oil
- high sugar content barbecue rub
- Cut the wings at the joints. Save the wing tips for stock.
- Toss the wing segments in the canola oil.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of barbecue rub over both sides of the wings.
- Cook for 25 minutes on a smoker set at 325 F or using the indirect method on a gas grill (turn one burner on medium and the other off. Put the food over the burner that is off)
- Turn the wings and cook for another 25 minutes.