I love this time of year. I am harvesting new potatoes and fresh herbs are available in the garden. We had the barbecue fired up for Korean Marinated Steak and needed a side. I made some new potatoes on the grill.
I harvested enough thyme, oregano and sage from our herb garden to get 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of each when chopped fine.
I cut the potato into chunks. I added the herbs, salt, olive oil, and pepper. I squeezed the 1/2 lemon over the potatoes.
I put the mixture into a foil pan and covered with foil.
I put the pan on the upper rack of the barbecue with the grill on medium. I rotated the pan every 15 minutes and cooked or 45 minutes.
We served the potatoes with the Korean Marinated Chops and a wonderful bean and carrot salad made by She Who Must Be Obeyed.
I love new potatoes but I love them even more with fresh herbs. The lemon juice adds a nice fresh taste. These are very nice.
- 1 liter (4 cups) new potatoes cut in chunks
- 25 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fresh sage (finely chopped) or 5 ml (1 teaspoon) dried sage
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fresh oregano (finely chopped) or 5 ml (1 teaspoon) dried oregano
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fresh thyme (finely chopped) or 5 ml (1 teaspoon) dried thyme
- 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- Put all ingredients except lemon in a large bowl.
- Toss to coat the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes in a foil pan.
- Squeeze the 1/2 lemon over the potatoes and cover with a sheet of foil.
- Put the pan on the upper rack of a grill set on medium.
- Cook for 45 minutes, shake and rotate the pan twice.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.