OK, I like garlic bread. I have done a couple of posts on garlic bread already but everything could use a new twist. This time, I decided to add a bit of spice to the garlic bread.
I started by mixing the soft margarine, miracle whip, cheese, garlic powder, Sriracha and Cajun seasonings in a bowl. I then spread it on 1/2 of a French loaf that had been sliced lengthwise.
I wrapped the loaf with foil and put it on the top rack of a barbecue heated to medium heat. I closed the lid and let it bake for 25 minutes, turning every 5 or 10 minutes.
You can keep it warm by wrapping it in a towel if you need to.
Unwrap and slice into individual servings.
This turned out great. The Sriracha and Cajun spice gave a nice kick and using garlic powder and premixed spices made it super easy.
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) spreadable margarine
- 25 ml (2 tablespoons) Miracle Whip Salad dressing
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) shredded cheese (I used cheddar).
- 3 ml (1/2) teaspoon Sriracha Sauce
- 3 ml (1/2) teaspoon Cajun spice mix
- 3 ml (1/2) teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 large French loaf
- Mix all ingredients except bread.
- Slice loaf lengthwise and spread with mixture.
- Put loaf back together and wrap with foil.
- Put on top rack of a barbecue heated to medium.
- Close barbecue and cook loaf for 25 minutes, turning every 5 or 10 minutes.
- If needed, wrap in a towel to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Unwrap and slice to serve.
Garlic bread with a little spice!! I do like it, you’re always thinking!! Thanks David
Thanks, Sam. Life is better a little spicy!
I love Sriracha! I will definitely have to try adding it to my garlic bread the next time I make some. Thanks for the great idea!
Thanks! I think you will like it.
I hope you like it.
Love garlic bread on the grill. Thanks for this new way of spicing it up.
Have you tried it on the oven?
Not this version but I have done others. It should be fine wrapped in foil and put in a 350 F oven for 25 minutes.