I live in the Canadian Rockies. It is officially cold here now. So, I decided to take my favourite Aviation Gin and make something warm and comforting. I invented a drink I call Aviation First Class Tea.
I brewed a pot of strong orange pekoe tea. Then I put the gin, peppermint schnapps and lemon juice in a cup. I filled it with hot tea and garnished with a lemon wheel.
This was perfect for a rainy cold day in the mountains. The tea was hat and soothing. The schnapps just gave a touch of minty goodness and sweetness. The lemon gave a fresh taste that complemented the mint flavour. This will change tea time forever.
The Old Fat Guy
- 25 ml (1 ounce) Aviation gin
- 15 ml (1/2 ounce) peppermint schnapps
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) lemon juice
- 150 ml (6 ounces) hot strong orange pekoe tea
- lemon slice for garnish
- Put gin, peppermint schnapps and lemon juice in a cup or heat proof glass.
- Fill cup with hot tea.
- Garnish with lemon slice.