It was my turn to select the next cocktail on our journey through mixed drinks. The first cocktail I ever had was bought for me by my Mother just after my 18th birthday. It was a Bacardi Cocktail. I hadn’t had one since and I guess it is time.
It is easy to make. Just put the rum, lime juice and grenadine in a cocktail shaker half filled with ice.
Shake hard until frost forms on the shaker. Strain into a cocktail glass and serve.
I don’t know why I waited so long to try this again. It is refreshing and is nicely sweet without being like soda pop. It will not be decades before I have another.
The Old Fat Guy
- 50 ml (2 ounces) Bacardi White Rum
- 15 ml (1/2 ounce) fresh lime juice
- 25 ml (1 ounce) grenadine
- Put all ingredients in a cocktail shaker 1/2 full of ice.
- Shake hard until a frost forms on the shaker.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and serve.