I love spring and summer but the problem is there just isn’t enough time. I love:
- Working in the Garden.
- Taking walks.
- Chasing She Who Must Be Obeyed.
- Recovering on the deck after chasing She Who Must Be Obeyed.
Something has to give. For this meal, I went with a quick simple Spicy Grilled Chicken.
We have all just thrown a chicken breast on the barbecue and brushed it wih barbecue sauce. The problem is the sauce burns quickly and gives a hard crust. By thinning the sauce with some soy sauce, it slows that process.
I mixed 1/2 cup of a good bottled barbecue sauce with 1/4 cup of soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce.
I put boneless skinless chicken breasts on a barbecue heated to medium and brushed it with the mixture. I turned it and brushed it after 4 minutes. I turned and brushed it 3 more times and let it cook for 4 more minutes. In all it was on the grill for 16 minutes. Make sure the internal temperature is at least 165 F.
Let it sit under foil for 5 to 10 minutes and serve.
We served it with a green salad from the first of our garden greens and a piece of focaccia.
This is so tasty. The soy gives it a salt kick, the barbecue sauce stays glossy and the Sriracha gives it a bit of bite. When you are in a hurry, try this.
The Old Fat Guy
- 1/2 cup barbecued sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat a barbecue grill to medium.
- Mix the sauces together.
- Put chicken on grill and brush with sauce.
- After 4 minutes, turn and brush the breast with sauce.
- Turn it a total of 3 times (16 minutes) brushing with sauce at each turn.
- Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken breast is at least 165 F.
- Let it rest under foil for 5 to 10 minutes.
Good idea for a quick meal,I agree that summer tends to get busy and you definitely need a break after chasing she who must be obeyed hahah
Thanks! Sometime she even lets me catch her.