Memories of Our Irish Vacation
Last spring, we took a trip to Ireland. One of the new dishes we tried was Banoffee Pie. While I was surfing the internet, I found a recipe for Banoffee Pie at eaglebrand.ca. The link to the recipe is Banoffee Pie.
I cheated and used a Tenderflake Pie Crust. I find they make a nice lard based crust that is almost as good as hand made. I baked it using the package instructions.
I boiled the Eagle Brand® Dulce de Leche Caramel Flavoured Sauce for 5 minutes, stirring constantly and poured it into the prebaked crust. I refrigerated it for an hour.
I sliced the bananas over the toffee.
I whipped the cream, sugar and vanilla and spread it over the bananas. I grated some milk chocolate on top.
By using the premade crust, this was incredibly easy. It is similar to the one we had in Ireland and is a tasty different dessert! I will warn you, the toffee layer is very sweet.
The Old Fat Guy
- A baked 9 inch pie crust.
- 1 can (300 mL) Eagle Brand® Dulce de Leche Caramel Flavoured Sauce
- 3 large bananas
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- Shaved milk chocolate for garnish
- Boil the Eagle Brand® Dulce de Leche Caramel Flavoured Sauce for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour the sauce into the crust and refrigerate for one hour.
- Slice the bananas over the toffee.
- Whip the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla into peaks.
- Spread the cream over the pie.
- Garnish with chocolate.