When you have guests you don’t want to spend all your time preparing food, you want to spend time with them. This is an appetizer that you can make in advance and just bring out when your guests arrive. It doesn’t hurt that it is very easy!
I mixed up a sauce of mayonnaise, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chopped green onion and chopped garlic. This should be allowed to sit overnight to let the flavours marry.
I took 24 medium cooked and shelled shrimp. I pulled the tails off the shrimp. I threaded 3 shrimp onto 8 inch bamboo skewers about 2 inches apart.
With shears or a clipper, cut just below each shrimp on the skewers so the shrimp is at the end of the skewer segment. You can cover and store these for up to a day.
Arrange the shrimp around a small bowl with the sauce in it and serve.
The friends I was making this for like heat in their food and this has it. You get a nice kick from the Frank’s sauce. If you like a milder sauce, cut the Frank’s in half. I know this was popular. It only lasted a few minutes!
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) mayonnaise
- 20 ml (4 teaspoons) Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) Dijon mustard
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 25 medium cooked and shelled shrimp
- 8 bamboo skewers, 8 inches long
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp and skewers together. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the tail from the shrimp.
- Put 3 shrimp on each skewer, evenly spaced.
- Cut each skewer just below a shrimp so that the shrimp are at the end of a skewer segment.
- You can store the shrimp, covered and refrigerated, for up to a day.
- Serve the shrimp with the sauce.