In an alcoholic haze we continue our trials of classic cocktails. As it is really hot here, we went for Mint Juleps.
This is an excellent cocktail for a hot day. It is icy cold, minty and has a good whisky flavour. You need to try these.
I have not done my usual description of making it as we did a video!
Have a look and give it a try.
The Old Fat Guy
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) sugar
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) water
- 6 to 8 mint leaves
- crushed ice
- 50 ml (2 ounces) bourbon
- Put sugar and water in a tall glass and stir to mostly dissolve the sugar.
- Put six to eight mint leaves in the glass and press to bruise the mint leaves.
- Crush a mint leaf in your fingers and rub it around the rim of the glass.
- Half fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Add the bourbon.
- Add ice to fill the glass 3/4 full.
- Stir until the glass is very cold.
- Top the glass up with ice.
- Garnish with a mint leaf.
- Put a straw in the glass and serve.