I had a special occasion for a couple of friends. They like ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Treats or words to that effect) but you have to kick it up a bit for special occasions so I put more cheese in them!
I started by cutting 6 medium to large jalapeno peppers in half. I cut off the stem and stripped the white membrane and seeds from the peppers. If you like a hotter appetizer, leave some seeds in.
I mixed cream cheese, cheddar, Parmesan cheese and green onions together.
I stuffed the peppers with the mixture and wrapped each pepper half with 1/2 strip of bacon.
I smoked them at 230 F for 1 1/2 hours. You can also cook them at 350 for 45 minutes in an oven.
Let sit for 10 minutes and serve.
I like ABTs a lot. Adding the Parmesan to the cheese mixture gave them a touch different taste that I liked. By the way, these aren’t very hot. They have just a touch of heat that even She Who Must Be Obeyed likes. Give it a try!
The Old Fat Guy
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 250 grams (1/2 pound) cream cheese
- 40 grams (2/3 cup) grated sharp cheddar
- 30 grams (1/3 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 6 strips of bacon, cut in half
- Mix the cheeses and green onion together.
- Cut the jalapenos in half. Cut off the stem and remove the white membrane and seeds.
- Stuff the jalapeno halves with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap a half bacon strip around each jalapeno half.
- Smoke at 230 F for 1 1/2 hours or on a tray in an oven at 350 F for 45 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
I have made something similar, but with blue cheese instead of parmesan. These are awesome. I like to leave a couple of them booby trapped with seeds and some membrane.
Sounds delicious! I would like to leave some seeds too but She Who Must Be Obeyed would cause serious personal injury if I left it that hot!