Everybody loves burgers so why not make them into an appetizer? I’m sure that thought is the inspiration for sliders. They are a great appetizer or light meal.
As long as you are making sliders, why not make a variety? It will give your guests a great treat.
I started by making three kinds of small patties. I made four with Italian sausage, four with half Italian sausage and ground beef and four with ground beef.
I fried the patties with 1 slice of canned pineapple sliced in half across the ring and with the halves cut into quarters. I also fried 2 slices of back (Canadian) bacon cut in half. I used a frying pan this time but they also do well on a barbecue.
While I was frying the patties, I spooned Teriyaki Sauce over the beef patties and Sweet Thai Chili Sauce over the Italian sausage patties after I turned them.
I spread Tiger Sauce on four small dinner buns and put the half and half patties on top and garnished with some sliced onion.
I put the beef patties on four buns and topped with more teriyaki sauce and the pineapple.
I put the Italian Sausage patties on four small dinner rolls and added more Thai Chili Sauce and a piece of back (Canadian) bacon.
I love these little burgers and using Italian sausage gives it a great flavour kick!
The Old Fat Guy
Addendum: This recipe has been included in an Episode of my Community TV show, You can make it. Here is the YouTube version.
- 330 grams (3/4 pound) ground beef
- 330 grams (3/4 pound) bulk Italian sausage or removed from casings
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- Tiger Sauce
- sliced onion
- 2 slices back (Canadian) bacon cut in half
- 1 slice canned pineapple slice in half across the ring and then into quarters
- 12 small dinner rolls
- Make four thin patties from 220 grams (1/2 pound) of the beef
- Make four thin patties from 220 grams (1/2 pound) of the sausage
- Mix the remaining sausage and beef together and make four thin patties.
- Fry the patties, pineapple pieces and bacon.
- Brush Teriyaki Sauce over the beef patties and Sweet Thai sauce over the half and half when turning.
- Spread Tiger sauce on four of the buns and put the sausage patties on them. Top with onion slices.
- Spread more Teriyaki Sauce on four of the buns and put the beef patties on them. Top with pineapple.
- Spread more Sweet Thai Chili Sauce on the remaining four buns and put the half and half patties in them. Top with the bacon.
Yum! These sound great! Thanks for adding the Canadian to your bacon for those of us reading from the states! May the odds be ever in your flavor.
Well, re odds, my wife points out I’m odd so I think I have that covered.
I need to try mixing the Italian Sausage with ground beef. I bet that is tasty!!
We liked it! Thanks!
Your sliders sound wonderful! I love the variety!