She Who Must Be Obeyed must love me. She made me Rhubarb Pecan Muffins. This is a recipe she has been making for years and I always look forward to a batch.
I am sorry but there are no preparation pictures. The missus is camera shy and thinks that I am crazy for taking pictures of all our food. She is likely right.
The recipe is at the end of this post.
This is a cake style muffin. The rhubarb gives a nice sour bit to contrast the sweet cake muffin which has orange overtones. MMMMMuffins! I really like these.
The Old Fat Guy
Rhubarb Pecan Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans, fine chop
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups rhubarb, fine chop
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nuts.
- Beat egg in another bowl. Add orange zest, oil, and orange juice and mix.
- Add liquid to flour in one pour and mix just until batter is moist.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Spray 12 large muffin tins with baking spray
- Divide batter between muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
These look delicious, I’ll have to try making a batch!
Thanks, Shareba. We do like them around here.
They look and sound fabulous. I must try some.
Thanks, Clare! I love it when She Who Must Be Obeyed makes these.
Looks like a great combination, I’m all in for any kind of muffin, especially if they have pecan in them. A funny thing I get the same from my wife about the pictures.
It is funny how the ladies just don’t understand us, Sam. I guess we should be grateful they tolerate us!
Looks great, I might have to try them.
Thanks. They are a favourite around here.