We all have those nights we need fast food. There is no reason it can’t be tasty. I had boneless skinless chicken thighs. I decided to make a quick glaze and grill the chicken with a nod to different cultures.
Asia uses a lot of soy sauce when grilling. India is famous for their spice mixtures. North Americans like their sweet barbecue sauce.
I mixed the soy sauce, commercial barbecue and some garam masala (an Indian spice mix available in the Asian section of supermarkets).
I preheated my barbecue to medium and put the chicken thighs on the grill opened up so they would cook quicker. I brushed the chicken with the glaze. I grilled it for about 5 minutes with the lid closed.
I turned it and brushed it with glaze. I grilled it for another 5 minutes with the lid closed.
We served it with grill baked potatoes and She Who Must Be Obeyed’s wonderful deli style coleslaw.
This is very quick and easy yet is very tasty. Try it the next time you are in a hurry.
The Old Fat Guy
- 25 ml (2 tablespoons) soy sauce
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) barbecue sauce
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) garam masala
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Mix the soy sauce, barbecue sauce and garam masala together.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium.
- Put the chicken on the grill and brush with the glaze. Cook with the lid closed for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and brush with glaze. Cook with the lid closed for about 5 minutes.
- Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is over 165 F.