I had been shovelling snow and was really tired. I could have picked up a burger, ordered a pizza or opened a can. Instead I made Pork Chops Parmigiana. This recipe is so easy, even I can do it.
I started by heating two teaspoons of vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium heat until it just starts to smoke. I browned two pork chops in the frying pan, about 3 minutes a side.
I added 2 cups of Marinara Sauce. You can use home made or commercial jarred sauce but I recommend home made.
I brought the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat and covered the fry pan to simmer for 15 minutes.
While the pork chops were simmering, I cooked 150 grams (6 ounces) of fettuccine per package instructions.
After the pork had simmered for 15 minutes, I made sure the internal temperature was over 165 F. I put 50 ml (1/4 cup) shredded mozzarella on each of the pork chops and put the lid back on.
I drained the pasta and spread it on a serving plate. I temporarily put the pork chops on a plate.
I poured the marinara sauce over the fettuccine and put the pork chops on top of the sauce and served.
I made a video of this recipe.
This was so easy and it tastes to good. Cooking the pork chops in the sauce makes them moist and gives them a nice flavour. The cheese makes it seem fancy and who doesn’t love pasta and marinara sauce?
The next time you want an easy meal, try this one!
The Old Fat Guy
- 2 boneless loin pork chops
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) vegetable oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) marinara sauce
- 150 grams (6 ounces) fettuccine, cooked to package instructions
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oil in a fry pan over medium high heat until just smoking.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides, about 3 minutes a side.
- Add the marinara sauce and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the pork is simmering, cook the fettuccine.
- Make sure the internal temperature of the pork is over 165 F.
- Put the cheese on the pork chops and put the cover back on.
- Drain the fettuccine and spread it on a serving plate.
- Put the chops on a plate.
- Put the marinara sauce on the pasta and the pork chops on top of the sauce and serve
What a great idea!! I love all things parmigiana but have never thought to do chops. YUM!!
It was one of those necessity is the mother of invention things. I had made marinara and the missus wanted pork chops so…