Our journey through the world of classic cocktails continues. This time, we make Planters Punch.
First, I put the rum in the glasses. I added sugar syrup.
Next was the fresh squeezed lime juice and bitters.
Put 2 inches of crushed ice into the glass and stir until frost forms on the outside of the glass. Add more ice to take it back to 2 inches.
Put in a shortened straw and serve.
This has a nice rum flavour that is moderated by the lime juice and ice. Add to the nice taste the icy cold from all the ice and it is a perfect drink for a hot day. Don’t worry about the amount of rum.
The Old Fat Guy
- 75 ml (3 ounces) dark rum
- 25 ml (1 ounce) simple syrup
- 25 ml (1 ounce) lime juice
- 3 dashes bitters
- crushed ice
- Mix rum, simple syrup, lime juice and bitters in a glass.
- Add 2 inches of crushed ice and stir until frost forms on the glass.
- Add more ice to top up to 2 inches.
- Serve with a straw.