I often joke about She Who Must Be Obeyed. I should point out that she is:
- Smart (way smarter than me)
- Very nice to me
- A great cook
She made me Mincemeat Cookies which proves the last two points.
I am sorry that there are no pictures of the preparation but She Who Must Be Obeyed has advised that taking pictures of her cooking is a non starter. She must be obeyed.
These scream a special occasion. They aren’t crispy. Rather they are soft and cake like. They have the wonderful clove touches of the mincemeat. These are a great cookie for the soft cookie lover.
The Old Fat Guy
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 ml (1 cup) mincemeat
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cups) all purpose flour
- 12 ml (2 1/2 teaspoons) baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until well mixed.
- Mix in the egg and mincemeat (use a spoon, not a mixer for this).
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until well combined.
- Drop by 2 teaspoon balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes (just until browned on bottom).
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
I just tried to make these, I substituted shortening for the butter, and ended up cooking them for 10 minutes. I’m very glad I found this recipe.
Thanks so much for letting us know!