We have been having hot weather here in the Canadian Rockies. It has taken our testing of different cocktails towards cool refreshing drinks. On this occasion we made Long Island Iced Tea.
We started by putting the ice in a cocktail shaker. We added the vodka, gin, rum, gin, tequila and triple sec.
We squeezed the fresh lemon juice and added it to the shaker.
We put the lid on the shaker and mixed until the shaker was very cold. We poured the mixture into a glass. Do not strain the mixture. Pour all the contents, including the ice. Then we added the cola and garnished with lemon.
Terrific. Refreshing, cold, tasty! This is one of the best cocktails we have made. The only down side is that it goes down so easy.
The Old Fat Guy
- 15 ml (1/2 ounce) vodka
- 15 ml (1/2 ounce) gin
- 15 ml (1/2 ounce) white rum
- 15 ml (1/2 ounce) white tequila
- 7 ml (1 1/2 teaspoons) Triple Sec
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) cola
- lemon slice for garnish
- Put 4 ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the vodka, gin, rum, tequila, triple sec and lemon juice.
- Shake until the shaker is very cold.
- Pour the contents of the shaker into tall glasses (do not strain, pour all the contents including the ice).
- Add the cola and garnish with a lemon slice.