This is one of those worn out recipe cards in our recipe box. She Who Must Be Obeyed makes these regularly. It is no surprise they are a favourite. They can be served as a cookie or an appetizer. The recipe has no added sugar but the sharp cheddar gives them a rich satisfying taste.
Once again, I apologize for no pictures of the process. She Who Must Be Obeyed is camera shy.
They are so easy to make. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Beat the McLaren’s Imperial Cold Pack Cheese, butter, flour and Tabasco sauce together. Then stir in the Rice Krispies.
Drop by 10 ml (2 teaspoon) balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, press lightly with a fork and bake for 12 minutes. This gives a soft result that has some crispiness from the cereal. If you like a more crispy result, cook for 14 minutes until there is some brown on the bottom.
We love these. They have a strong cheddar taste and a nice bite. We eat them as cookies for a snack and have served them as appetizers to friends. Two dishes in one!
The Old Fat Guy
- 250 grams (1/2 pound) McLaren's Imperial Cold Pack Cheese
- 250 ml (1 cup) butter, softened
- 250 ml (1 cup) all purpose flour
- 2 ml (1/4 tsp) Tabasco sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Beat cheese, butter, flour and Tabasco together.
- Stir in Rice Krispies.
- Drop 10 ml (2 teaspoon) balls on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes for a softer result, 14 minutes for a crispier result.
I have to try these cookies, look interesting and delicious.
Thank you so much. They are a standard around here and I hope you like them.