Ever since I first tried Louisiana Grills Hickory Bacon Seasoning, I knew I had to try it on potatoes. I love bacon and potatoes. So, I did an old favourite, oven fried potatoes and used it as the seasoning.
I could have cooked these in my pellet smoker at 425 F but I was going to be pan frying fish so instead I preheated the oven to 425 F,
I rough cut 4 medium soft skinned potatoes into thick fries. Then I rinsed them in cold water and dried them off with paper towels.
I tossed the potatoes in the oil and 5 ml (1 tsp) of the seasonings. I spread them on a baking sheet.
I put them in the oven for 15 minutes and turned them. Then I sprinkled the potatoes with the remaining 5 ml (1 tsp) seasonings. Put the potatoes back in the oven for 10 minutes.
If they are not as crispy as you like, leave them in a few minutes longer.
We served this with spinach salad and Breaded Sole.
The seasonings made a great oven fry, just the right amount of salt and bacon taste.
- 4 medium soft skinned potatoes
- 25 ml (2 tablespoon) oil
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) Louisiana Grills Hickory Bacon Seasonings (or any seasoning of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cut potatoes into thick fries.
- Rinse potatoes in cold water.
- Dry the potatoes on paper towels.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of the seasoning.
- Toss to coat the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes in one layer on a baking sheet.
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes and sprinkle on the remaining 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of seasonings.
- Put the potatoes back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- If the potatoes aren't as crisp as you like, leave them in a bit longer.