I like quesadillas but never thought to do a post on them. I don’t know why. However, I had some left over 10 inch tortillas and a left over cooked hamburger patty. Lightning struck or one of my few remaining synapses fired, I’m not sure which. Why not use them to make a Hamburger Quesadilla? I couldn’t think of a reason why not so here is how I made it.
I laid out the tortilla on a work surface. I spread 15 ml, 1 tablespoon of mustard over half of it. I squirted 5 ml (1 teaspoon) mustard over the same half.
I spread 25 ml (2 tablespoons) of relish over the other side and then squired 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of ketchup over it.
I crumbled 1/4 pound of cold cooked hamburger over relish side and covered with thin slices of cheddar.
I folded the mayonnaise side over the meat and cheese and put it in a fry pan heated to medium high heat. I cooked for 4 to 5 minutes, until some golden spots formed. I flipped the quesadilla and cooked for 4 to 5 minutes more.
I cut it into quarters and served it hot.
This was way better than I expected. The tortilla was crispy, the cheese was gooey and it tasted like a great cheese burger. I used what I had on hand but you could add any topping you would normally put on a burger; pickles, onions, mushrooms, bacon or anything else you like.
This would be great for kids. Let them put there toppings on themselves and create their own quesadilla.
This is going in my lunch rotation!
The Old Fat Guy
- 1 ten inch tortilla
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) mayonnaise
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) mustard
- 25 ml (2 tablespoons) relish
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) ketchup
- 125 grams (1/4 pound) cooked hamburger
- thin slices of cheddar
- Spread the mayonnaise over 1/2 the tortilla.
- Squirt the mustard over the mayonnaise.
- Spread the relish over the other 1/2.
- Squirt the ketchup over the relish.
- Crumble the burger over the relish.
- Put slices of cheddar over the burger.
- Fold the mustard side over the cheese.
- Fry for 4 to 5 minutes until there are brown spots.
- Flip and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- Cut into quarters and serve hot.
5 star … another homerun … knocked it out the park
Thanks so much, Jeff!