We are continuing our exploration of classic drinks. It has been hotter than coffee at McDonalds around here so we went with Classic Sangria.
The recipe for this sangria is at the end of the post.
I started by cutting an orange, a lime and a lemon into wedges. I gave each wedge a squeeze into a pitcher and dropped the fruit into the pitcher.
I added the wine sugar and brandy and put it in the fridge for between 4 and 24 hours.
Add the club soda and pour the Sangria over lots of ice and serve.
Delicious, refreshing, and tasty with a nice citrus bite but a full wine flavour. Perfect for a summer day on the deck!
The Old Fat Guy
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 750 ml (26 ounces) red wine
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) sugar
- 50 ml (2 ounces) brandy
- 500 ml (2 cups) club soda
- Cut the orange, lemon and lime into small wedges.
- Squeeze each wedge into a pitcher and drop the fruit into the pitcher.
- Add the wine, sugar and brandy.
- Put in the refrigerator for between 4 and 24 hours.
- Add the club soda and pour over ice cubes to serve.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
Now this one has made me thirsty, and I’m at work, so sad! I think I’ll give this one a try. I’ve never made my own and it looks so satisfying.
Thanks, Sam. if you are into sitting on a deck on a sunny day with friends and family, Sangria is the perfect drink.
Try adding ginger ale instead of club soda for a sweeter batch
Thanks for the tip! I will give that a try.