I recenlty posted a very popular recipe for Double D “Fried” Chicken. In it, I call for barbecue rub as one of the ingredients. I have had several requests for which rub I used when I made it. It is my homemade Chicken Rub.
It is really easy to make. Just mix the following together:
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) paprika
- 8 ml (1 1/2 teaspoons) black pepper
- 8 ml (1 1/2 teaspoons) garlic powder
- 8 ml (1 1/2 teaspoons) onion powder
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) dried rosemary
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) dried thyme
- 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 2 ml (1/3 teaspoon) dried sage
- 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) cayenne
I put them in a spice bottle and shook until mixed.
Of course, you must put it in a fancy bottle with hand caligraphy on the label.
This is a perfect rub for any poultry. It has the salt and paprika to give it a garlic rub taste but leaves out the sweet you want for pork. It gives a nice herb touch which goes great with poultry. Give it a try!
The Old Fat Guy
thanks for the rub recipe …
btw — when are you going to do ofg city chicken …
Thanks so much! As for the city chicken, it is one of those so many recipes, so little time things. I will try and get to it!
made it and put on a whole bird, smoked it, and finished with broiler for like 4 minutes, puuuuurfuct …. also some boneless breasts in the oven and finished with mozzarella and sauce ( chicken parm) … was killer
Thanks so much for letting me know, Jeff!