A friend asked me if I had any recipes for Halloween. I had made Bloody Mary Barbecue Sauce in the past so I decided to do this post to show how!
It is very easy and uses the classic Bloody Mary flavours of vodka, tomato, celery salt and Worcestershire sauce.
Just mix all the ingredients together and let them rest in the fridge for four to twelve hours. Use as you would any other barbecue sauce.
This is a delicious barbecue sauce that isn’t just for halloween. It is not the sweet spicy sauce you are used to but the vodka gives a touch of the taste of a cocktail, the Worchestershire sauce and celery seed give a great complex taste. Give it a try for your next Halloween party or game night!
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) ketchup
- 40 ml (3 tablespoons) vodka
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) lemon juice
- 20 ml (4 teaspoons) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) celery salt
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Sriracha sauce or 1 ml Tabasco sauce
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours.
- Use as you would any barbecue sauce.