What is better than a great fresh spinach salad with bacon? Not much! I made this simple dish for my community TV show on ShawTV Kootenays.
You can watch me make this in the 5th episode of “You Can Make It”.
- 1 litre (4 cups) torn spinach
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sliced onion
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) Dijon mustard
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) red wine vinegar
- Saute the bacon in the olive oil until just crisp.
- Add garlic and saute one more minute.
- Remove bacon and drain on a paper towel.
- Take 25 ml (2 tablespoons) of the fat from the pan and put it in a small bowl.
- Add the Dijon Mustard and red wine vinegar.
- Whisk together.
- Put the mushrooms, onions, and bacon on the spinach.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.