OFG Potato Salad
A kicked up version of the old fashioned potato salad
- 600 g potatoes 1 ⅓ pound - ¾ inch dice
- salted water for boiling
- 35 ml dill pickles, small cube 2 tbsp+2 tsp
- 50 ml onion, small cube ¼ cup
- 50 ml celery ¼ cup
- 50 ml sweet red pepper ¼ cup
- 50 ml green onion ¼ cup
- 25 ml dill pickle juice 2 tbsp
- 10 ml yellow mustard 2 tsp
- 90 ml mayonnaise ⅓ cup+1 tbsp
- 35 ml yogurt 2 tbsp+2 tsp
- 5 ml dill pickle juice 1 tsp
- 2 ml celery seed ½ tsp
- 1 ml black pepper ¼ tsp
Cook the potatoes in the salted water just until fork tender. Do not overcook. It will be betweetn 12 and 20 minutes after boiling starts depending on altitude.
Chop the vegetables while the potatoes are cooking.
Mix the marinade ingredients together while the potatoes are cooking.
Drain the potatoes when cooked. Return them to the pot while they are still hot. Sprinkle ⅓ of the marinade over them. Lightly turn the potatoes with a soft spatula. Sprinkle ⅓ more of the marinade over the potatoes and turn. Sprinkle the remaining marinade over the potatoes. Cool the potatoes to room temperature and then refrigerate for two hours.
Mix the sauce ingredients together while the potatoes are cooling.
Fold the vegetables and sauce into the potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. You can store covered in a refrigerator for up to 2 days.