Hawaiian Hamburger Jerky
A softer version of jerky made with lean ground beef.
- 1 kg extra lean ground beef 2.2 pounds
- 90 ml soy sauce 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp
- 50 ml pineapple juice ¼ cup
- 40 ml sherry 3 tbsp
- 5 ml sesame oil 1 tsp
- 5 ml Sriracha Sauce 1 tsp
- 35 ml brown sugar 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
- 10 ml ground ginger 2 tsp
- 8 ml garlic powder 1 ½ tsp
- 5 ml onion powder 1 tsp
- 4 ml black pepper ¾ tsp
- 2.6 grams Prague Powder #1 2.5 ml (½ tsp)
Mix all the ingredients together for at least 5 minutes. The meat should be pasty and sticky.
Preheat your smoker to 200 F. Can be done on a rack in a 200 F oven.
Roll ½ of the meat to ¼ inch thick between two pieces of wax paper. Cut to desired width and length and put the pieces on the smoking rack.
Smoke or cook for 2 hours or until the surface cracks on bending. It will be a soft jerky. Let cool before serving.