The second sauce I made for the sliders episode of my community TV show is Sweet Thai Chili Sauce. This sauce is great on a chicken sandwich, chicken wings or as a dip for cooked shrimp. Continue reading Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
I was getting ready for the next shooting of my TV show on the local community TV channel. I had decided to different sliders and wanted some home made sauce for them. My first choice was Tiger Sauce. Continue reading Tiger Sauce
My friend and collaborator from Foodie Home Chef has kindly sent me another of her great recipes as a guest poster on my blog. She has done on of my favourite condiments! Check out her blog for more great recipes! Continue reading Avocado Crema By Foodie Home Chef
My collaboration with Foodie Home Chef continues. She has supplied this brilliant post for a great Salsamole and even has two different methods. Check out her great site, Foodie Home Chef, for more tasty and innovative recipes! Continue reading Salsamole Two Ways By Foodie Home Chef
Pears with Raspberry Sauce
This tastes totally decadent, like something you’d eat in an expensive restaurant, yet it’s healthy & easy to make. It makes a wonderful breakfast, anytime snack or healthy dessert.
Serves: 2 to 4
2 ripe Bartlett pears (skin should just be starting to turn yellow)
Juice from 1/4 of an organic lemon (approx 2 tsp)
1/2 cup frozen whole red raspberries, thawed (takes about 1 hour) – plus 8 extra for serving
2 Medjool dates, pitted & chopped (see Tip# 1)
2 tsp pomegranate blueberry juice
1. Cut pears in half lengthwise, peel & core. Place them in a glass pie plate or small shallow baking dish & drizzle with lemon juice.
2. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when they’re soft & you see some liquid in the bottom of the plate.
3. Using a slotted spoon; remove pears to your serving dishes, reserving the liquid.
4. In a blender or bullet; add the 1/2 cup raspberries, dates, pomegranate/blueberry juice & all the liquid from the cooked pears. Blend until smooth.
5. Top pears with raspberry sauce. Garnish each pear half with 2 whole raspberries & serve immediately.
Tips & Suggestions
1. Medjool dates are larger than regular dates & have a magnificent creamy caramel taste to them. You can find them in the produce section of most larger supermarkets.
I have done a video of my Marinara Sauce recipe! Take a look!
The Old Fat Guy
We needed a quick meal and I hadn’t had spaghetti in a while so it was obviously time. This necessitated a choice. Marinara sauce and meatballs or meat sauce? Why not something in between? I made a nice marinara sauce and cooked small meatballs in the sauce. Welcome to Miniball Spaghetti. Continue reading Miniball Spaghetti
In a prior post I tried Rufus Teague Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce as a mop at the end of a basic chicken thigh cook. As I said in that post, there are two tests for a barbecue sauce, a mop at the end of a cook and as a glaze that is cooked on. I made some basic smoked ribs in this cook to try the sauce as a glaze that is cooked on. Continue reading Rufus Teague Whiskey Maple Ribs