Potted Cheese is an old English recipe for a cheese spread. It was originally created to use up odds and end of cheeses. I make mine with cheddar but you can use any cheese or mixture of cheeses you would like.
Just put all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer or food processor and mix until creamy, scraping the bowl a couple of times.
Cover and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours. It will store for a week or more covered in the refrigerator. Take out and let sit at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
This makes a strongly flavoured adult cheese spread. It has strong cheese flavours and the sherry really kicks it up!
The Old Fat Guy
I have done a video of this recipe.
- 200 gr (1/2 pound) grated cheddar or cheese of your choice
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) butter, softened
- 25 ml (2 tablespoons) sherry
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) dry mustard
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) black pepper
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Put all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer or food processor.
- Mix until smooth, scraping the bowl a couple of times.
- Cover and refrigerate the cheese for at least 2 hours.
- Bring out to room temperature 15 to 30 minutes before serving.