Times have changed. Dinner parties used to have cocktails, wine and beer. Now, there are people who don’t drink at all and others refrain from drinking to be designated drivers. These are good changes and a hospitable host should have a great beverage available for the non-drinkers in the crowd. This is one of the alcohol free drinks I serve, a Crangria!
I start by putting 750 ml (3 cups) cranberry cocktail in a pitcher. I add 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of sugar to the cranberry cocktail and stir to dissolve.
I cut a lemon, an orange and a lime into six wedges each.
I squeezed each wedge into the cranberry cocktail and dropped it into the pitcher.
Stir the mixture and put it in the fridge for one to four hours. Add two cans of club soda and stir.
Serve the drink in Collins glasses with lots of ice cubes.
This is a refreshing drink with a great flavour. The citrus and cranberry cocktail complement each other well. I enjoy this even when I can drink alcohol.
The Old Fat Guy
This drink is the second item I make in Episode 16 of my community TV program, You Can Make It.
- 750 ml (3 cups) cranberry cocktail
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 2 cans club soda
- Put the cranberry cocktail in a pitcher. Stir in the sugar to dissolve.
- Cut the lemon, orange and lime into 6 wedges each.
- Squeeze each wedge into the cranberry cocktail and drop the wedge into the pitcher.
- Put in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
- Add both cans of club soda and stir.
- Serve in Collins glasses full of ice.