The community TV show, You Can Make It, on Shaw TV East Kootenay asked me to do some Valentine type recipes so I made these Brandy Truffles.
Addendum: ShawTV East Kootenay has this recipe in my Community TV Program, You Can Make It.
- 85 grams (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon) almond paste
- 60 ml (1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons) sour cream
- 500 ml (2 cups) vanilla wafer crumbs
- 190 ml (3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon) icing sugar
- 40 ml (3 tablespoons) cocoa
- 95 ml (1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon) brandy
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pecans, finely chopped
- decorative sprinkles
- Grind vanilla wafers in a blender or food processor until you have enough crumbs.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave by cooking in 15 second increments until melted.
- Mix chocolate, sour cream and almond paste.
- Mix crumbs, icing sugar, cocoa, brandy and pecans.
- Put two mixtures together.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll in decorative sprinkles.