I don’t know about your house but here the last part of the Thanksgiving dinner to go is the turkey meat. The mashed potatoes and stuffing are long gone but we still have turkey meat. I like this recipe to use the last of it up.
I started by putting some diced potatoes in casserole with a bit of water. I microwave them on high until they are just tender, about 8 minutes.
Then I preheat a fry pan over medium high heat. I put the butter in the fry pan and heated until it was bubbly. I put the potatoes, onions and peppers in the fry pan and sauteed them until they started to get some colour, about 6 minutes.
I added the herbs and turkey. I sauteed for another 2 or 3 minutes until the turkey is heated through.
You can serve it for breakfast with fried eggs or with left over gravy for dinner.
This is a simple tasty way to use up the last of the turkey. Give it a try!
The Old Fat Guy
- 500 ml (2 cups) diced potatoes
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 25 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) diced onion
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) diced sweet peppers
- 250 ml (1 cup) diced cooked turkey
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) dried savory
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) dried sage
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) dried thyme
- Put the potatoes and water in a covered microwave casserole and microwave until the potatoes are just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Heat a fry pan over medium high heat.
- Add the butter and heat until it starts to bubble.
- Add the potatoes, onions and peppers. Saute and stir just until the potatoes start to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add the turkey and herbs. Saute and stir until the turkey is hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with an egg for breakfast or gravy for dinner.