Everybody loves burgers so why not make them into an appetizer? I’m sure that thought is the inspiration for sliders. They are a great appetizer or light meal.
As long as you are making sliders, why not make a variety? It will give your guests a great treat.
I started by making three kinds of small patties. I made four with Italian sausage, four with half Italian sausage and ground beef and four with ground beef.
I fried the patties with 1 slice of canned pineapple sliced in half across the ring and with the halves cut into quarters. I also fried 2 slices of back (Canadian) bacon cut in half. I used a frying pan this time but they also do well on a barbecue.
I spread Tiger Sauce on four small dinner buns and put the half and half patties on top and garnished with some sliced onion.
I put the beef patties on four buns and topped with more teriyaki sauce and the pineapple.
I put the Italian Sausage patties on four small dinner rolls and added more Thai Chili Sauce and a piece of back (Canadian) bacon.
I love these little burgers and using Italian sausage gives it a great flavour kick!
The Old Fat Guy
Addendum: This recipe has been included in an Episode of my Community TV show, You can make it. Here is the YouTube version.
- 330 grams (3/4 pound) ground beef
- 330 grams (3/4 pound) bulk Italian sausage or removed from casings
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- Tiger Sauce
- sliced onion
- 2 slices back (Canadian) bacon cut in half
- 1 slice canned pineapple slice in half across the ring and then into quarters
- 12 small dinner rolls
- Make four thin patties from 220 grams (1/2 pound) of the beef
- Make four thin patties from 220 grams (1/2 pound) of the sausage
- Mix the remaining sausage and beef together and make four thin patties.
- Fry the patties, pineapple pieces and bacon.
- Brush Teriyaki Sauce over the beef patties and Sweet Thai sauce over the half and half when turning.
- Spread Tiger sauce on four of the buns and put the sausage patties on them. Top with onion slices.
- Spread more Teriyaki Sauce on four of the buns and put the beef patties on them. Top with pineapple.
- Spread more Sweet Thai Chili Sauce on the remaining four buns and put the half and half patties in them. Top with the bacon.