There are times when being able to cook really pays off. She Who Must Be Obeyed wanted a snack and made these Creole Butter Salt & Pepper Wings. It never hurts to be nice to the boss!
These are very easy to make.
I preheated the oven to 350 F. They can also be cooked in a 350 F smoker or in a barbecue grill over indirect heat.
I injected 12 wing segments with 50 ml (1/4 cup) of Cajun Injector Creole Butter. I mixed the wings with the marinade that was left after injecting and any that squirted out in the injection process.
I sprinkled kosher salt and pepper over both sides.
I put them in a 350 F oven for 25 minutes. Then I turned them over and cooked for 25 minutes longer.
If you would like to see a video of this cook, here it is!
These are so good for such an easy recipe. The Creole Butter gives a mild bit of heat and the salt and pepper really give a great old fashioned taste. She Who Must Be Obeyed liked them. Whew!
The Old Fat Guy
- 12 chicken wing segments
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) Cajun Injector Creole Butter
- 8 ml (1 1/2 tsp) kosher salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) coarse ground pepper
- Preheat an oven or smoker to 350 F.
- Inject the wings with Creole Butter.
- Rub any excess Creole Butter on the wings.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook at 350 F for 25 minutes.
- Turn the wings and cook for 25 minutes.