A friend brought me some imitation crab pieces. I was leery but can’t bear the thought of wasting food. I like to consider myself thrifty. She Who Must Be Obeyed calls it cheap. Regardless, I made a nice Seafood Caesar.
I started by making a Seafood Caesar Dressing. I used Low Fat Miracle Whip but feel free to use regular or mayonnaise.
I mixed the garlic, cocktail sauce, lemon juice, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, Miracle Whip and Parmesan cheese together and put it in the fridge. This makes up enough dressing for four servings. I was only making two so I had enough left over for a second salad the next day.
I tore up four cups of romaine lettuce. I added 1/2 the dressing and tossed to coat.
I added 1/2 the package of “crab” meat and tossed slightly. You could use 8 ounces of any kind of seafood, shrimp, prawns, scallops, lobster or firm fish.
We served it with some nice rolls.
First, I was wrong about the imitation crab. It was very tasty and had a nice texture. I will buy it for myself.
The dressing was nice with the good garlic hit of a Caesar dressing and the touch of horseradish bite from the cocktail sauce.
This is a quick easy salad that tastes great.
- 1 clove garlic
- 25 ml (2 tablespoons) cocktail sauce
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Dijon mustard
- 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Worcestershire Sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Miracle Whip (may use mayonnaise)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 litre (4 cups) torn Romaine lettuce leaves
- 250 grams (1/2 pound) cold seafood (crab, prawns, shrimp, scallops, firm fish chunks)
- Mix all ingredients except lettuce and seafood.
- Toss the lettuce in half of the dressing. Save the rest of the dressing for future use.
- Add the seafood and toss lightly.