We like garlic bread as a side dish. I make it often but decided to try something different. I thought some Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce would add to the flavour profile. So I made L&P Garlic Bread.
I took a six inch long section of a whole wheat French loaf and cut it in half lengthwise.
I melted 15 ml (1 tablespoon) butter in a fry pan over medium heat. I added the garlic and cooked for just a minute or two to infuse the melted butter.
I mixed the butter/garlic mixture with parmesan cheese, softened butter, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce.
I spread that mixture on each half of the bread and put the halves together again. I wrapped it in aluminum foil and put it in the smoker.
I was smoking Dill Salmon at the same time so the smoker was set to 200 F. At this low temperature, I baked it for 50 minutes. You could also put it in a 325 F oven for 25 minutes.
I unwrapped it and sliced it into 4 slices.
We served it with the salmon and coleslaw.
I love it when an idea works. The Worcestershire sauce added a rich sweetness but also didn’t jump out. It just made it a more complex flavour. Try it! You’ll like it!
The Old Fat Guy
- 25 ml (1 tablespoon) butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 25 ml (2 tablespoons) grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) mayonnaise
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) Worcestershire sauce
- 6 inch section of French bread
- Heat half the butter in a fry pan over medium heat until melted.
- Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Mix the melted butter/garlic mixture with the cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and the remaining butter.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread the butter mixture over each half.
- Put the loaf back together and wrap in foil.
- If cooking in a smoker between 200-250 F, bake for 50 minutes.
- If cooking in an oven, bake at 325 F for 25 minutes.
- Unwrap and cut into 4 slices.