This is one of those worn out recipe cards in our recipe box. She Who Must Be Obeyed makes these regularly. It is no surprise they are a favourite. They can be served as a cookie or an appetizer. The recipe has no added sugar but the sharp cheddar gives them a rich satisfying taste.
Once again, I apologize for no pictures of the process. She Who Must Be Obeyed is camera shy.
Drop by 10 ml (2 teaspoon) balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, press lightly with a fork and bake for 12 minutes. This gives a soft result that has some crispiness from the cereal. If you like a more crispy result, cook for 14 minutes until there is some brown on the bottom.
We love these. They have a strong cheddar taste and a nice bite. We eat them as cookies for a snack and have served them as appetizers to friends. Two dishes in one!
The Old Fat Guy
- 250 grams (1/2 pound) McLaren's Imperial Cold Pack Cheese
- 250 ml (1 cup) butter, softened
- 250 ml (1 cup) all purpose flour
- 2 ml (1/4 tsp) Tabasco sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Beat cheese, butter, flour and Tabasco together.
- Stir in Rice Krispies.
- Drop 10 ml (2 teaspoon) balls on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes for a softer result, 14 minutes for a crispier result.