I needed a dessert sauce for my Christmas Carrot Pudding. I decided to go with a Butterscotch Sauce this year. It is wonderfully sweet with a nice thick texture.
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) corn syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) whipping cream
- pinch of salt
- 25 ml (2 tablespoons) butter
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla
- Put brown sugar, syrup, cream and salt in the top of a double boiler over, not in the water.
- Heat for 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- This can be served hot or cold but is better hot in my opinion.